• Saat ini anda mengakses IndoForum sebagai tamu dimana anda tidak mempunyai akses penuh untuk melihat artikel dan diskusi yang hanya diperuntukkan bagi anggota IndoForum. Dengan bergabung maka anda akan memiliki akses penuh untuk melakukan tanya-jawab, mengirim pesan teks, mengikuti polling dan menggunakan feature-feature lainnya. Proses registrasi sangatlah cepat, mudah dan gratis.
    Silahkan daftar dan validasi email anda untuk dapat mengakses forum ini sepenuhnya sebagai anggota. Harap masukkan alamat email yang benar dan cek email anda setelah daftar untuk validasi.

Why Indonesian Student Prefer English Than Bahasa !

A few people told me that indonesia is a mother language .
True in fact b'cause we're born here in indonesia .

But to improve our skill and make a better future , we must be able to speak at least 1 different language and the option is so few . Just mandarin English Jerman and the other . Most of us prefer english to mandarin b'cause English is used all over the world .

But if we study Indonesian, I think it's a bit hard.. ^^

True . When i was studied in Senior high School , i think bahasa is the most difficult subject . It's so complicated and useless bcause there is no strong poin studying it . Even without studied bahasa , we could speak as good as most people do . So what's the point ?

some things are easier to say in english and i guess in some ways it's also easier to say in indo ... just do what you want

btw when you live outside indonesia .. especially another asia's country or european countries you'll find english is crap languange

btw when you live outside indonesia .. especially another asia's country or european countries you'll find english is crap languange

Huh... I don't like another english like what they call Singlish, Manglish, things like that... sucks...

actually english is easier to learn than bahasa.
just ask the bule if u don't believe it.cos' bahasa has many imbuhan(i forget the english ^^;)n that confusing to learn.they dunno when to use that imbuhan n when to use this imbuhan.so english is easier...our problem in english maybe just in vocabulary.
i also want to say that chinese language is also important to learn now.is it right??

imbuhan ? to be ? Basically , our problem in learning english is Grammar , not vocabulary . Don't get yourself wrong pal .

actually the grammar is easy we just need to remember all the tenses..
and its easier than remember all the vocabulary..i think so..

English is a "must" to all Indonesians you know...
If you have trouble on studying English, please you must perfect your conversation for the future...

start learning Mandarin, because in the future, Mandarin will be VERY important to all of you.. trust me

To be honest... english is fun, and english is cool.

I'd prefer using english than bahasa too :)

Besides, English is now used everyday...
when you turn on your computer, you're using english!

Oops, time to go school :-S

I rarely used english. when I'm talkin' to my family I always use Javanese. but, I have confident in my english skill, even when I'm watchin' DVD I always set English as a subtitle and not Indonesian (Bahasa), 'coz usually in DVD subtitle Bahasa is the same as Malay.

Even when there's not an english subtitle and it has a Bahasa/Malay instead, I usually turn it off and counting in my hearing.

ooo i see , but i think so ,,, i think english is easier than bahasa ,,,
what about you ?

easier in what context?
i don't think english is easier for you since you still can't see any differences between singular and plural for example (see your first post on this thread) ^^ sorry before, but i'm really not intending an offense for you.. I just feel it's so ironic..

for some reasons, english is easier to be used for expressing some meanings because they're shorter and has the exact meanings.. maybe that's the only reason for me to sometimes use english words here in this country.. but anyway, i still prefer Indonesian since I'm born with that language.. I don't have to think about certain words I forget for minutes.. ^^

but i like english anyway, since I love to learn languages :)

imbuhan ? to be ? Basically , our problem in learning english is Grammar , not vocabulary . Don't get yourself wrong pal .

no, "imbuhan" is not the same as "to be".. "to be" is a verb, but "imbuhan" is like a particle..
that's right.. we have so many "imbuhan" in our language.. just like in japanese, different particles can make different meanings.. but the meaning of a verb remains the same..
sometimes i myself can't tell the exact meaning of our "imbuhan".. thanks to that Bahasa Indonesia lesson we have to take in school so that I know some now ^^

vocabulary grows every time.. every year, every month, every day, every hour maybe.. that's why dictionary has to be updated every few years.. ^^ but grammar never grows as long as i know.. it stays as it was.. that's why it's more difficult to remember vocabulary than to study grammars..

True . When i was studied in Senior high School , i think bahasa is the most difficult subject . It's so complicated and useless bcause there is no strong poin studying it . Even without studied bahasa , we could speak as good as most people do . So what's the point ?

yes it's true.. it's very difficult.. even in the university, it's still the most difficult subject.. i think people in their own hometown feel the same for their own mother language subject..

but i don't think it as a useless subject.. however, i just realized it a few years ago.. I was an editor for a small, non formal bulletin in my campus.. and it was an awful experience.. I received a lot of writings which only the writer knew the meaning of his/her writing.. >.< I had to rewrite almost all the writings because there were too many misuse words or ambiguous sentences..

i think Bahasa Indonesia subject wants to prepare us to be able to produce good writings.. it's very different when you speak to people and when you have to write formal writings.. even writing in good teen magazine (some teen magazines are so gross, or in Indonesian, kampungan) or translating a fiction novel needs the knowledge and skill of good Bahasa Indonesia..

people who are quite good in Bahasa Indonesia subject will have fewer problems in how to write their thesis (the content not included in here)..

triple posts not needed here.... why don't you type all of it in just 1 post? i think it can be done...

sorry but i don't know how to type with multiple quotes..
mind if i ask you to tell me how? :)

just click multiple quote,in the right side normal quote.

hey.. got a question.. ever heard a word 'Touche' what does it mean ? hhhehe.

coz what?...coz english so cool man....i can make my friend confuse if i use english.....hheheh/heh

yeahhh english is so fun...bahasa is make me boring...because have many imbuhan(i forgot it too^^).but i think english, it isn't international language.. b'coz many people in the world especially asia..it's have many chinese people, so i think mandarin, it's international language. but mandarin, its very difficult to study bcoz words in mandarin it's make me boring... so i think conversation with mandarin is easier than study to write a mandarin language.

sorry if my english so bad for you... because i seldom to write n speak with english. but i want to develop my skill with my english.. so don't laugh at my english.
THanks

URL Pendek:

| JAKARTA | BANDUNG | PEKANBARU | SURABAYA | SEMARANG |

Back
Atas.