• Saat ini anda mengakses IndoForum sebagai tamu dimana anda tidak mempunyai akses penuh untuk melihat artikel dan diskusi yang hanya diperuntukkan bagi anggota IndoForum. Dengan bergabung maka anda akan memiliki akses penuh untuk melakukan tanya-jawab, mengirim pesan teks, mengikuti polling dan menggunakan feature-feature lainnya. Proses registrasi sangatlah cepat, mudah dan gratis.
    Silahkan daftar dan validasi email anda untuk dapat mengakses forum ini sepenuhnya sebagai anggota. Harap masukkan alamat email yang benar dan cek email anda setelah daftar untuk validasi.

Why Indonesian Student Prefer English Than Bahasa !

What is the international language?? Or should I say global language??

Is it English or Indonesian?

i think it,s english/hmm
if "mandarin" (china language) eventually is for businnes language

Have no idea. U can talk 2 much people in the world with english. That's what I think...

And yes, mandarin used to be international business language, and is important besides english. (well, u know how much chinese people in this world :D )

@up

agree, english is more acceptable than any other leanguage in this world
but mandarin is also important coz half of buisnessman in the world is chinesse
and is hard to speak english with chinesse people /sob

@up

agree, english is more acceptable than any other leanguage in this world
but mandarin is also important coz half of buisnessman in the world is chinesse
and is hard to speak english with chinesse people /sob
well... they have to learn to speak english then, coz i'm definitely not going to learn chinese just so i can do business with them... It's not like they're the only one available to do business with..

@loki

I'm wit ya, bro.
All you chinese dudes out there, stop taking advantage of this thread to promote your mothertongue. If you wanna be heard, don't tell the world to learn your language, instead learn the world's language!!
Step out of that coconut shell, you frogs!!!

Bahasa < Bahasa Indonesia> = English Usually Say That !
Post Youre Argument Here !!! This Is The Problem That I Always See In Many School !

I think that many Indonesian Student begun realize that it's important to improve their skill in English( I mean in conversation), not only the theoritical English ( AKA Written one). so they practiced it in case to make them learn it easier either so they used to with English.

Too, as what I've seen so far. Many corporation would like to recruit people skilled in English least . And if you can two other foreign language, that will be a plus for you, like Mandarin, France, Japan etc.
I think that is one of the reason too

I'm a bit sad for seeing my friend from the east region of Indonesia, (sorry) like in Maluku,Papua etc. I found many of them (not all of them) is lack in English. When I asked them , they said that English education in their school just about written one. So they weren't used to with speaking English. When they go to Jakarta and found out many of their friends are good in spoken English they learn and learn to adapt to the environment. That's what I see from my friends , They used English everyday with those who want to speak in English with them. They don't care if they're wrong in pronounce or whatever...
I really salute to them for their struggling in learning spoken English

well... they have to learn to speak english then, coz i'm definitely not going to learn chinese just so i can do business with them... It's not like they're the only one available to do business with..

Agree bro, but it would be a plus value for us if we can both .
Can you imagine you can communicate with the Mandarin businessman whrn you in a business duty or when you're on a tour to Mandarin major used country without need any translator English-Mandarin?
Oh it's so so cool and definitely practice
Mandarin is the secondary international language in World because of Mandarin have more vocabs and best describes so many word than the other language like Indonesia not only because of mostly businessman in asia come from China, Hongkong, Singapore etc. It's only secondary one , but it's important to beside English.

@loki

I'm wit ya, bro.
All you chinese dudes out there, stop taking advantage of this thread to promote your mothertongue. If you wanna be heard, don't tell the world to learn your language, instead learn the world's language!!

Chinesse in Indonesia ( now called Indonesian too) mothertongue is not mandarin dude. It's divided into some dialects. So, Mandarin is not what Indonesian chinesse Mothertongue.
so please don't misunderstanding those and saying some racial offense sentences.
Reading yours sentences above makes me think that you're the frog, not an open minded person. Then it's you who need to step out from your coconut shell :D

In my experience, why I prefer English than Indonesian simply because I give no care for literary. At school I just studied about how to write English NOT English literary and I studied Indonesian literary there also. Dang, ain't interested becoming a man of letters. In fact, novel is a good sleeping pill for me :D

Agree bro, but it would be a plus value for us if we can both .
Can you imagine you can communicate with the Mandarin businessman whrn you in a business duty or when you're on a tour to Mandarin major used country without need any translator English-Mandarin?
Oh it's so so cool and definitely practice
Mandarin is the secondary international language in World because of Mandarin have more vocabs and best describes so many word than the other language like Indonesia not only because of mostly businessman in asia come from China, Hongkong, Singapore etc. It's only secondary one , but it's important to beside English.
Well until mandarin becomes international language i won't even bother to learn it coz i really don't see the benefit at the moment.

Besides what makes them (the chinese) think that we're the one that should learn their language ??

Furthermore.. if you ask non chinese people in indonesia 8/10 will say they won't learn mandarin just because most of the businessman in the world are chinese...

Well if you think about it, if those so-called businessman want to widen their business into a worldwide scale, don't you think it's THEIR responsibility to learn the worldwide language, not us..

@loki

I'm wit ya, bro.

I think this statement shouldn't be put in this thread.

@loki

I'm wit ya, bro.

Btw, why do you think mandarin today has become an international business language?
In my opinion that is because the American see so much potential to do business in China. So, it's the American and any other country in this world who wants to business with China in the first place, and not China who was taking advantage to promote their mothertongue.

So, please. Before saying that racist sentence, I think you should analyze them deeper.

"Why Indonesian student prefer English than Bahasa?"
Do you mean when they are studying in school?

Maybe because they think " Hey, Bahasa Indonesia is the language we use everyday, it's a piece of cake, what's the point in studying it again anyway, it's much more useful to learn any language other than bahasa. "

Maybe something like that :D :D :D

Well until mandarin becomes international language i won't even bother to learn it coz i really don't see the benefit at the moment.

Besides what makes them (the chinese) think that we're the one that should learn their language ??

Furthermore.. if you ask non chinese people in indonesia 8/10 will say they won't learn mandarin just because most of the businessman in the world are chinese...

Well if you think about it, if those so-called businessman want to widen their business into a worldwide scale, don't you think it's THEIR responsibility to learn the worldwide language, not us..

hahaha
so do English , according to you ?
you wouldn't learn english untill English become the Int'l language ?
Indonesian too, is not an Int'l one too,
don't see any benefit ?
for yourself, yes it is
for those who had any business relation etc, no it isn't. it's vice versa
it's applied to the other language too, japanesse, Korean, French, etc
try to think unselfishly and from other's view
Well about what you said about
*Well if you think about it, if those so-called businessman want to widen their business into a worldwide scale, don't you think it's THEIR responsibility to learn the worldwide language, not us..*
okay, then if all Indonesian think like that
I'm pretty sure, the value of investment in Indonesia will drop dramatically
yes, their responsibility "must can speak English" if they want to do business with us
Now, we talk from business aspect and economic aspect.
This is my view, hope you'll understand
how if, we can't speak English ?
they "must can speak Indonesian " for doing business with us. oh it's boring and hard, so they cancel the investment. and you know the effects
but how if they can English and Indonesian too?
It'll be better , don't you think so ?
so there's probabilities they wouldn't cancel it

how if, you are on their position ?
You "must can speak Mandarin/French/Korean/etc " if you want to do business with them if they can't speak English
too,
how if you can both ?
it's a benefit, exactly

Btw, why do you think mandarin today has become an international business language?

No, i DON'T think mandarin has become an international business language. Japanese is.

So, please. Before saying that racist sentence, I think you should analyze them deeper.

what's there to analyze? it's pretty damn obvious here in this THREAD we have so many broken-english losers who keep on raving 'mandarin' all the time, when the topic isn't about mandarin.
the topic is pretty simple: why students prefer english than BAHASA,
and NOT: why students prefer english than MANDARIN !!!

and what i said is pretty simple: you wanna be heard, speak the world's language. don't force others to learn yours.
you think that's too harsh?
well, i'm sorry but some brains can respond to a needle prick,
while others only respond to a sledgehammer.

It takes a nutcracker to crack a nut.

how if, you are on their position ?
You "must can speak Mandarin/French/Korean/etc " if you want to do business with them if they can't speak English
too,
how if you can both ?
it's a benefit, exactly

Dude you totally miss the point.
any additional foreign language skill is a benefit,
but the point here is: which one is the PRIORITY?

No, i DON'T think mandarin has become an international business language. Japanese is.

what's there to analyze? it's pretty damn obvious here in this THREAD we have so many broken-english losers who keep on raving 'mandarin' all the time, when the topic isn't about mandarin.
the topic is pretty simple: why students prefer english than BAHASA,
and NOT: why students prefer english than MANDARIN !!!

and what i said is pretty simple: you wanna be heard, speak the world's language. don't force others to learn yours.
you think that's too harsh?
well, i'm sorry but some brains can respond to a needle prick,
while others only respond to a sledgehammer.

It takes a nutcracker to crack a nut.

Dude you totally miss the point.
any additional foreign language skill is a benefit,
but the point here is: which one is the PRIORITY?
Well i think this post explains my point better than mine...

@Kenji
Seriously mate, i would recommend attending some english course. You can't just use Indonesian grammar and translate the words into english to speak english...

Hmm ..... interesting debate.

But seriously TS , what made you draw this seemingly absurd conclusion ??

I wouldn't know what to make of this particular argument. But if I had to guess , I'd say it's just the opposite.

The mere fact that you can still take pride in having a "mediocre-at-best" command of english in indonesia simply suggests that you've been somewhat misled into coming to your chosen conclusion.

Perhaps the education system has something to say on this matter. Or perhaps some other factors that currently escape me.

URL Pendek:

| JAKARTA | BANDUNG | PEKANBARU | SURABAYA | SEMARANG |

Back
Atas.