• Saat ini anda mengakses IndoForum sebagai tamu dimana anda tidak mempunyai akses penuh untuk melihat artikel dan diskusi yang hanya diperuntukkan bagi anggota IndoForum. Dengan bergabung maka anda akan memiliki akses penuh untuk melakukan tanya-jawab, mengirim pesan teks, mengikuti polling dan menggunakan feature-feature lainnya. Proses registrasi sangatlah cepat, mudah dan gratis.
    Silahkan daftar dan validasi email anda untuk dapat mengakses forum ini sepenuhnya sebagai anggota. Harap masukkan alamat email yang benar dan cek email anda setelah daftar untuk validasi.

Trouble with English post here.....

razgriz47 berkata:
Example.
-For God's sake = Demi Tuhan! <-- but the sake hasn't been translated.
-For Her sake = Demi dia! <-- The sake also hasn't been translated.

which part of that phrase's not translated? sake means "demi" in indonesia. or in another word "untuk dia/untuk kepentingan dia/didedikasikan untuk dia/" just like xshade's answer earlier...

what the english of mengantri?
Refers what is that

What is mengantri? Ngantri? Antri?
If it is antri, then it is 'lining up' or to 'queue'.

Usage in sentence: for example:
-I am lining up to buy the tickets for MI3.
-I am queuing to buy the tickets for Da Vinci Code.

ow
How about the rea hospital and hospital rea
mana yang benar!(sorry use indo )

Somebody please explain about the using of Who, Whom, and Whose

Who... you are asking about the subject <-- I guess there's no complicated stuff here

Whom,.. asking about the object... example=Whom do you walk with yesterday?

whose,... asking about possessive.. example=Whose wang is it?

Just like razgriz47 but you should know that the word "who" it's only for human not for things.
@kyuzu: about wanna, want, wanted
Wanna: This mean want to. It's a slank word
Want: This is in present
Wanted: This is in Past
Wanted => it's not diingini but it means ingin. If you would like to make it diingini you got to add "be"
The formula for it: "be + v3" don't forget

Ray

oopss im wrong sorry /sry

btw i just want to know what is the meaning vindicated in indonesia
its a song title of dashboard confentional

Oh.. I see... /heh
I didn't understand about the difference before.. Thanks for the explain /thx

The word sake can be meaned "in purpose of" as we use it in these sentences: "for the sake of peace", or "He kill the old man for the sake of money".
The word sake also can be meaned "in the name of" or likely with "in behalf of", as we use it in these sentences: "i made the decision for my father's sake" or, "They'll serve this community for Christ's sake."

CMIIW (kata bang RHA, correct me if i'm wrong..)

xhumpit berkata:
The word sake can be meaned "in purpose of" as we use it in these sentences: "for the sake of peace", or "He kill the old man for the sake of money".
The word sake also can be meaned "in the name of" or likely with "in behalf of", as we use it in these sentences: "i made the decision for my father's sake" or, "They'll serve this community for Christ's sake."

CMIIW (kata bang RHA, correct me if i'm wrong..)

Thank you for answering my question.
But that's not what I ask.
I understand what "sake" is.

But how do you put it in Indonesian?
I guess "kepentingan" isn't exactly right.

"for the sake of peace" = demi perdamaian, or "He kill the old man for the sake of money" = dia membunuh laki-laki tua itu demi uang.

"i made the decision for my father's sake"= AKu membuat keputusan ini atas nama ayahku. or, "They'll serve this community for Christ's sake." = Mereka akan melayani daerah ini atas nama Kristiani.

sake = demi or atas nama. Maybe those are the perfect word for it
Any question?

Ray

Those with thick glasses....

Well, to be more serious...
nerds are clever people but lonely and socially awkward person....

Nerd: In indonesian is "Kutu" like somebody who really like something so bad. For example Kutu Buku. I guess you all know that meaning right.
Also nerd is also used by teenager a lot. Like if they found somebody really like in something, they would say that word "Nerd"
Nerd is not a bad word. It's just a fun word.

Ray

Rascal = Bajingan. A bad guy.

Ray

URL Pendek:

| JAKARTA | BANDUNG | PEKANBARU | SURABAYA | SEMARANG |

Back
Atas.