• Saat ini anda mengakses IndoForum sebagai tamu dimana anda tidak mempunyai akses penuh untuk melihat artikel dan diskusi yang hanya diperuntukkan bagi anggota IndoForum. Dengan bergabung maka anda akan memiliki akses penuh untuk melakukan tanya-jawab, mengirim pesan teks, mengikuti polling dan menggunakan feature-feature lainnya. Proses registrasi sangatlah cepat, mudah dan gratis.
    Silahkan daftar dan validasi email anda untuk dapat mengakses forum ini sepenuhnya sebagai anggota. Harap masukkan alamat email yang benar dan cek email anda setelah daftar untuk validasi.

Weekly 5: Ladies first, please

facebookeb

IndoForum Senior A
No. Urut
Sejak
9 Jan 2013
Pesan
Nilai reaksi
Poin
9JCGX.jpg
Spending hours in traffic jams, carrying babies while shopping and commuting are just among daily problems faced by women in the capital. Finding women-friendly facilities in public places that make their lives easier may not be easy, but some public areas have managed to make it happen.

Here are five facilities favored by women in Jakarta:

Ladies onboard
Triggered by rampant sexual harassment on public transportation, particularly during peak hours, Transjakarta Management Authority (BLU) has decided to allocate front row seats in all buses for female passengers while the Jakarta electric train operator PT KAI Commuter Jabodetabek (KCJ) has allocated the entire front carriages for them. Despite the pros and cons, the presence of female-only areas on public transportation provides comfort for most of female passengers, including Kristi Natalia, a 28-year-old commuter.

“I used to feel uncomfortable bumping into and standing too close to male passengers. Now it’s not a problem anymore,” she said.

To prevent potential onboard bus crimes, including sexual harassment, dozens of new Transjakarta buses have been equipped with CCTV cameras.​

Free flow for Ladies

Providing free entrance and free flow of beverages for women has become a strategy to attract crowds to bars and nightclubs.

Mandarin Oriental hotel in Central Jakarta, for example, has been holding Ladies Night since 2009. Communication Manager Malinda Yasmin said soft drinks, beers and selected cocktails are available for female customers every Tuesday from 8 p.m. to midnight.

Mulyani, who works in an advertising company in Senayan, Central Jakarta, said getting information on Ladies Night events was easy, thanks to the messages sent on mobile phones.

“When I come to new bars, the PR representatives usually ask for my phone number or email address, so they can send information on Ladies Night events,” she told The Jakarta Post.​

Nursery rooms

Finding nursery rooms in public places, such as posh shopping malls and offices is starting to become easier, although, there are still not many of them and sometimes there is no proper information about the facilities.

“I only discovered that there was a nursery room in my office when my baby was 10 months old,” Mayjanti, an employee of a private company on Jl. Sudirman in Central Jakarta said.​

Ladies parking lot

Some big malls such as Pondok Indah, Plaza Senayan and Cilandak Town Square in South Jakarta have a dedicated parking area for female drivers to make it more convenient for female customers.

Mulyani, 35, said the facilities were helpful especially when women were grocery shopping because they did not have to walk far to reach their cars. However, enjoying the facilities on weekends seems to be difficult.

“I guess the ladies parking area just does not work on weekends because people are just rushing to secure a parking spot,” she said.​

Swimming pools

Aside from women-only salons and spas, Jakarta will also have women-only swimming pools in the near future.

Some of them are House of Shafa and Al Jannah swimming pools in Tebet, South Jakarta. They are exclusively for women except for young boys under eight.

“I feel more comfortable swimming in women-only pools compared to unisex pools because in women-only swimming pools men are not around to see my body,” Tyas, a 25-year-old graduate student who lives in Tebet, said.

Some unisex swimming pools in Greater Jakarta’s housing complexes also allocate special times for the pools to be used exclusively by women. For example, a swimming pool at the Komplek Barata housing complex in Ciledug, South Tangerang, Banten, designates Friday as a women-only day.​

URL Pendek:

| JAKARTA | BANDUNG | PEKANBARU | SURABAYA | SEMARANG |

Back
Atas.