• Saat ini anda mengakses IndoForum sebagai tamu dimana anda tidak mempunyai akses penuh untuk melihat artikel dan diskusi yang hanya diperuntukkan bagi anggota IndoForum. Dengan bergabung maka anda akan memiliki akses penuh untuk melakukan tanya-jawab, mengirim pesan teks, mengikuti polling dan menggunakan feature-feature lainnya. Proses registrasi sangatlah cepat, mudah dan gratis.
    Silahkan daftar dan validasi email anda untuk dapat mengakses forum ini sepenuhnya sebagai anggota. Harap masukkan alamat email yang benar dan cek email anda setelah daftar untuk validasi.

Most richest people lifestyle in the world facts

Gray

IndoForum Junior A
No. Urut
Sejak
20 Feb 2007
Pesan
Nilai reaksi
Poin
Perhaps you think that the most richest people in the world enjoying luxurious life, wearing expensive clothes, driving luxurious cars, eating in high class restaurants, being lazy in a cruise ship as well as enjoying other luxurious things. Bill Gates, one of the most richest people in the world worth at $57 billion in 2008. Another man who is also considered as one of the most richest people in the world named Ingvar Kamprad worth at $31 billion in 2008.

How come Ingvar Kamprad has large sum of money where most people in the world don't? He could achieve that as he does thrifty life. Although has so much money he still taking economical class, driving an old Volvo car, even he doesn't mind to waiting for hours to buy fruits and vegetables before the price go down. Sam Walton of Wal Mart considered as one of the most richest people in the world worth about $21 billion in 2008. He is well known by other as a person who like to share his space with others when doing business trip to reduce the cost, flying with economical class, even wearing discount clothes that sold in his own discount stores.

Another great example is Warren Buffet. In march 2008, the Forbes magazine estimated his net worth at $62 billion, making him the richest person in the world. Despite has great sum of money, he has never bought a new car, driving his own car, have never abused his driver, even he has never taken his own private jet plane although he has the biggest jet plane in the world until now. He still living in his small home with 3 rooms that he bought 50 years ago. "I've everything in my home," he said. Regarding to Thomas Staley, he was surprised after interviewed 733 American multi billionaires as they do thrifty life and none of them spend for more than $399 for clothes, they don't drive the newest car, even most of them driving local made car which the age is more than 10 years. Lessons we can learn from them is they achieve wealthy because they do very thrifty life and do life under their standard. Thrifty and stingy are completely two different things.

P.S. I'm practicing English Writing intensively to take TOEFL test. Any correction is greatly appreciated /no1

Good writing,although I haven't read the whole article. /heh

nice writing...

I believe your TOEFL score is above 500? /omg

Maybe for rich people, money doesn't mean much...

@dejja
yep, my toefl is about 500 but if you read the article above carefully you'll find there are so many grammar mistakes, redundancies, unclear sentences, and other mistakes :) and a friend of mine who is fluent in English already proofread it. Anyways, my aim to write here is to improve my English skill as I'm going to take a toefl test again.

@TS :
can you put the improved version of your writing here? (the one you friend had proofread)... so we can all learn... I too have problems with grammar and made mistakes in English from time to time myself :">

BTW... some people love their money even more after they become richer... remind me of Uncle Gober and Eugene Crab :D ...

the most richest people

I'm not sure bout this, but you usually dont put most and -est at the same time
it should be the richest people

CMIIW

^
yes it is, that's why I wrote there are so many mistakes in the article above.

@riviera
of course, here is the article after proofread by a friend of mine.

Perhaps you think that the richest people in the world enjoying luxurious life, wearing expensive clothes, eating in high class restaurants. Bill Gates, one of the most richest people in the world was worth at $57 billion in 2008 and another man named Ingvar Kamprad worth at $31 billion. For instance: In 2008, Bill Gates was dubbed to be the richest guy in the planet with total of $57 billion on his pocket while Ingvar Kamprad collected only $31 billion.

How did Ingvar Kamprad collect large sum of money when most people in the world didn’t? He could achieve that as he was living thrifty life. Although he had so much money he kept taking economy class plane and driving an old Volvo car. Even he didn't mind to wait for hours to buy fruits and vegetables before the price went down. Meanwhile, Sam Walton of Wal Mart considered as one of the richest people in the world worth about $21 billion in 2008. He is known as a person who likes to share his space with others when going on business trips to reduce the cost, flying with economy class plane, even wearing discounted clothes that sold in his own stores.

Another great example is Warren Buffet. In March 2008, the Forbes magazine estimated his net worth at $62 billion, making him the richest person in the world. Despite having great sum of money, he has never bought a new car, driving only his own car, has never abused his driver, even so he has never taken his own private jet plane. Although he has the biggest jet plane company in the world until today. He is living in his small home with 3 rooms that he bought 50 years ago. "I've everything in my home," he said. According to Thomas Staley, he was surprised after having interviewed 733 American multi billionaires as they do thrifty life and none of them spend more than $399 on a year for clothes. They don't drive the newest car, in fact most of them driving locally made car which is more than 10 years old. Lessons we can learn from them are they get wealthy because they live in modesty and not necessarily outrageously extravagant. One may conclude that, thrifty and stingy are completely two different things.

Gray berkata:
Perhaps you think that the richest people in the world enjoying luxurious life, wearing expensive clothes, eating in high class restaurants. Bill Gates, one of the most richest people in the world was worth at $57 billion in 2008 and another man named Ingvar Kamprad worth at $31 billion. For instance: In 2008, Bill Gates was dubbed to be the richest guy in the planet with total of $57 billion on his pocket while Ingvar Kamprad collected only $31 billion.

You still miss one (blue text)... ;)

The rest seems fine to me :-? ... dunno but the others :-/

thanks for that, I forgot to erase the word "most" but the rest I'm sure it's written in good English. I've checked it again. A friend of mine proofread the article but keep the original article and I forgot to erase the word "most"

Wooo...
Nice posting:D

Your English is very good, I think,,
Although it's need a long way to go:D:D:D

Mine is not as good as yours, I'm still a beginner:)

Good luck on your next TOEFL /no1

Just trying to correct :) CMIIW guys

Perhaps you think that 1[the most richest people] in the world 2[enjoying luxurious life, wearing expensive clothes, driving luxurious cars, eating in high class restaurants], 3[being lazy in a cruise ship as well as enjoying other luxurious things]. Bill Gates, one of the most richest 4[people] in the world worth 5[at] $57 billion in 2008. Another man who is also considered as one of the most richest 4[people] in the world named Ingvar Kamprad worth 5[at] $31 billion in 2008.

How come Ingvar Kamprad has {a} large sum of money where most people in the world don't? He could achieve that as he does thrifty life. Although 6{he} has so much money he still 2[taking] economical class, 2[driving] an old Volvo car, 7[even he doesn't mind] 8[to] waiting for hours to buy fruits and vegetables 9[before] the price go down. Sam Walton of Wal Mart considered as one of the most richest 4[people] in the world worth about $21 billion in 2008. He is well known by other{s} as a person who like{s} to share his space with others when doing business trip to reduce the cost, flying with economical class, even wearing discount clothes that sold in his own discount stores.

Another great example is Warren Buffet. In march 2008, the Forbes magazine estimated his net worth 8[at] $62 billion, making him the richest person in the world. Despite {that he} has {a} great sum of money, he has never bought a new car, 10[driving his own car], 11[have never] abused his driver, 12[even he has never taken] his own private jet plane{,} although he has the biggest jet plane in the world until now. He {is} still living in his small 13[home] with 3 rooms that he bought 50 years ago. "14[I've] everything in my home," he said. Regarding to Thomas Staley, he was surprised after interviewed 733 American multibillionaires as they do thrifty life and none of them spend for more than $399 for clothes 15[,] they don't drive the newest car, 16[even most of them driving] local made car 17[which the age is] more than 10 years. Lessons we can learn from them is they achieve wealthy because they do very thrifty life and do life under their standard. Thrifty and stingy are completely two different things.
= the ones I correct; {} the ones I add
1. I would rather write '...that most rich people'.
2. all simple present tense
3. 'lazy around (in) a cruise ship and other luxurious things.' It's all in one sentence, you don't have to repeat the "enjoy" word. 'As well as' is correct, but I don't like it. 'As well as' means "and in addition".
4. um, person?
5. not necessary
6. Is it translated from "meskipun mempunyai banyak uang"? :)
7. he doesn't even mind
8. strip that off. there's no way 'to' word can be in front of a continous verb.
9. after... is it translated from "menunggu berjam-jam untuk membeli ... sebelum harganya turun"? There are many phrases that if translated shouldn't be left as it is.
10. I don't think this phrase is well connected. I would rather write, "he drives his own car."
11. he has never (because the second explaining phrase doesn't use "he has never")
12. and he has never even taken
13. home is correct, but house sounds better for me. And it has a certain meaning too.
14. I have. Don't shorten it if it used other than as auxiliary.
15. use a full stop. A dot is thriftier than a comma :)
16. most of them even drive. just as I said in 9.
17. I prefer to write just a simple "aged"
that's all.

another correction, I think Warren Buffet has the biggest company, not the jet.

You did well, keep practicing and learning! BTW, English really is my first language :) I'm a song writer, somehow it's hard for me to write Indonesian songs, hahaha. I haven't take any language proficiency test.

PS: not all native speakers can pass their own language proficiency test. ;)

I am not any TOEFL with english but english is fun ,and about this richest people live style I hope I already print out there style way to road to be the richest man on earth and someday,when I could dominate search engine traffic and blog industry with my brands or affiliate I am sure I need humble life style cause "happy ness not about the collections"its all about the TRUTH.truth that your dream is visualize to be true and true is "something Beyond happiness ,any happiness in THE UNIVERSE

8. there's no way 'to' word can be in front of a continous verb.

question:

how about the following sentences:

1. Cisco Gets Wise To Cutting Energy Costs
have a look at http://www.crn.com/networking/212902577

2. A guide to cutting IT costs
have a look at http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9595_22-251588.html

3. Ten Traps to Studying
have a look at http://www.ncsu.edu/tutorial_center/download/pdfs/tentraps.pdf

4. Guide to Checking References
have a look at http://www.dhhs.state.nc.us/humanresources/references/

regards
a SAP lover

OK let's revise my statement.

8. strip the to. There's a modal auxiliary in front of the word (mind to)

the examples you gave have two clauses. The word to shows direction.

URL Pendek:

| JAKARTA | BANDUNG | PEKANBARU | SURABAYA | SEMARANG |

Back
Atas.