• Saat ini anda mengakses IndoForum sebagai tamu dimana anda tidak mempunyai akses penuh untuk melihat artikel dan diskusi yang hanya diperuntukkan bagi anggota IndoForum. Dengan bergabung maka anda akan memiliki akses penuh untuk melakukan tanya-jawab, mengirim pesan teks, mengikuti polling dan menggunakan feature-feature lainnya. Proses registrasi sangatlah cepat, mudah dan gratis.
    Silahkan daftar dan validasi email anda untuk dapat mengakses forum ini sepenuhnya sebagai anggota. Harap masukkan alamat email yang benar dan cek email anda setelah daftar untuk validasi.

English in Learning

d4rk_13l1t2er

IndoForum Beginner B
No. Urut
Sejak
30 Jun 2006
Pesan
Nilai reaksi
Poin
Does anyone here currently taking either an english course, TOEFL, IELTS, SAT or other? Coz I think that's important if u'd like to study abroad. N even Eng has been the 2nd most important languange in the world (1st's chinese), it's still likely to be used all over the world. Well, I just hope that there are some ppl who's interested in this kinda thread (in Eng) so that this board gonna be alive :D

theres no need taking any english course to study english i supposed, as long as we get used at daily english conversation by watching tv or other media.
just like me, ive never take any english course before >.<

Does anyone here currently taking either an english course, TOEFL, IELTS, SAT or other? Coz I think that's important if u'd like to study abroad. N even Eng has been the 2nd most important languange in the world (1st's chinese), it's still likely to be used all over the world. Well, I just hope that there are some ppl who's interested in this kinda thread (in Eng) so that this board gonna be alive :D
weks..... the most important languange in the world is chinese

/omg /omg

theres no need taking any english course to study english i supposed, as long as we get used at daily english conversation by watching tv or other media.

That's true, actually. Real, frequent, consistent conversations in English (or any language, for that matter) would assist more in giving you more 'feel' of the language.

@alex
yea, i'm w/ u... But that's just for a start, u see? At least we can start a convo by sumthin strange like that. I hope ne1 can give in their opinions, so that we can make this board a bit alive

@kodoks
righto, chinese is now no. 1 most used language all over the world..

@roninxxx
Yeah, conversation rulezzz :D...

Chinese is the most spoken language in the world currently. However, not little Far East Asians are learning English nowadays. The need for English is growing and growing (so with Chinese too). Based on several observation, it is very unlikely that Westerners would go into deep trouble of learning other languages. Let alone, learning other countries' culture, norms, etc etc. This can lead to a very lengthy discussion about Western Supremacy and its little nit bits, but this is not the place and time. Simply put, English will not disappear from global civilization, nor would it lose its popularity.

@dark_blitzer:yes, but it's not widely spread as English, it's just becoz the number of population in china is too big....... Anyway if u want to study overseas then yes then u must take those tests....... But if u dont want to then just use English daily and u should do just fine :)

i think mandarin will be world language /hmm, but why people don't study mandarin right now?? now.. at my school i have already mandarin daily.. but another school do not give mandarin lesson for student daily?? i think around once a week...

sorry if my english grammer very bad bcoz i must studying english more..

thx

Mandarin-oriented schools are mushrooming at the moment is due to the fact that China is now emerging as one of world's top economic powers. Thus, increasing the opportunities and demand for Chinese-speaking businesses. It's not rocket science, however, in order for a language to be accepted a an "international" or "world" language, like US currency, other proceeding fundamentals must be taken into consideration, variables such as, politics, military and finance. It may be valid to a point where those variables need to be adquately dominant that the masses can and willing to accept it. Therefore, the question whether or not Chinese will "overtake" English as an internationally-accepted language will heavily dependent on the influencing factors.

@xroguex
no need to apologize for bad grammar, every1 here's still learning though... That's what this thread is made for right? To learn english :D...

@roninxxx
Just for an addition, do u guys believe that there ARE more english-speaking ppl at China rather than at United States? believe it or not, it's fact :D... Amazing isn't it? Even for the international-no-1-most-used-language country in the world have a lot more ppl speaking the no 2 rather at the country which it was mother tounge...

Are u Sure ?

I never hear about that

Well You know... In my school (In Jayapura) We got Chinese Class and it's included in our curriculum. Actually for the first time, it was a bit strange, and funny to study for. The spelling is too complicated, and for each different tones, the Chinese characters are different. So we have to memorize a lot of these fonts... but after about a month, we enjoyed it so much... It's fun when you can make arrange of words become a good sentence. ^^ But now I forgot it... coz never practice it again... and We don't get it in University yet ...

I like to improve my english and speak english fluently... For me... read newspaper, listen to the music, watch movie with english subtitle are good way to learn english... There's a lot words which usually used in our dialy conversation. It's useful. Try to read the English grammar and try hard to memorize the Tenses. After u got this, I guess you'll find it easy to speak in english, though my english isn't as good as the others, but I'm still studying.

Oh yeah... Englishforum.com is a good site for learning english... check it out!

@erica_aur
Never? I think they're common enough w/ the courses everywhere

@EspressoMRL
I've learn chineses for almost 3 years, n it really sucks me up. Gotta memorize the characters, that's the worst. Coz every word has it own char. Anything with the NORMAL alphabet A-Z just seems to be much easier...

you know, pal? there's a huge difference about taking an english course or not. the difference is the certificate.

like the TS said, if you want to study abroad, especially in the country that uses english as a native language. you have to take that lesson, since the University demands the certificate. they don't really care about what you said, they just need an authentic proof that you can speak english, and that is the certificate.

well, if you study abroad on your own (I mean using your own money) then the certificate will be less necessary though... but, if you're planning on taking (enrolling) some scholarships, that would be another story. TOEFL, IELTS, etc will be a major condition that you must have...

uto aye berkata:
you know, pal? there's a huge difference about taking an english course or not. the difference is the certificate.

Damn right.

@erica_aur

@EspressoMRL
I've learn chineses for almost 3 years, n it really sucks me up. Gotta memorize the characters, that's the worst. Coz every word has it own char. Anything with the NORMAL alphabet A-Z just seems to be much easier...

Hahha yess... me too... I only know how to type wo ai ni in it's chinese... But.... I'd rather to talk in chinese than write it down... coz I don't remember the correct words should be, What I know is only how to spell it... it's easier than writting ^^

like the TS said, if you want to study abroad, especially in the country that uses english as a native language. you have to take that lesson, since the University demands the certificate. they don't really care about what you said, they just need an authentic proof that you can speak english, and that is the certificate.

well, if you study abroad on your own (I mean using your own money) then the certificate will be less necessary though... but, if you're planning on taking (enrolling) some scholarships, that would be another story. TOEFL, IELTS, etc will be a major condition that you must have...
--" i allready had a toefl certificate without takin any course, all you have to do just take the toefl test...

@erica_aur

So i'm very lucky ,i can speak chinese languages without i'm learning

my parents always use chinese lang if talking with they Son....

Thanks for ur Brother....:) :)

Just finish TOEFL test to go to university in Canada....

hope i get accepted...

hmm.. which university?

tell me ur toefl score.. hmm?

URL Pendek:

| JAKARTA | BANDUNG | PEKANBARU | SURABAYA | SEMARANG |

Back
Atas.