• Saat ini anda mengakses IndoForum sebagai tamu dimana anda tidak mempunyai akses penuh untuk melihat artikel dan diskusi yang hanya diperuntukkan bagi anggota IndoForum. Dengan bergabung maka anda akan memiliki akses penuh untuk melakukan tanya-jawab, mengirim pesan teks, mengikuti polling dan menggunakan feature-feature lainnya. Proses registrasi sangatlah cepat, mudah dan gratis.
    Silahkan daftar dan validasi email anda untuk dapat mengakses forum ini sepenuhnya sebagai anggota. Harap masukkan alamat email yang benar dan cek email anda setelah daftar untuk validasi.

City in Indonesia

South Sumatra - Palembang

Just been to Palembang lately. Stayed there for 2 nights. Traveled by car from Jambi (and oh my god how irritatingly exhausting it was). And my observation:

There's definitely a sense of pride of the city (large town?) within the hearts of its community.

There's definitely a massive dose of quaintness in its architectural design, although, it most probably of pre-colonial era origin.

And of course, not forgeting, the ever-famous, authentic "fish-cake" and "crackers" ... I have to say that they are different, although I can't say for certain that they are better in comparison.

Lastly ... the fairer gender quality of the place ... I'd say, mostly 7 out of 10.

Definitely worth visiting again though.

Capital - Jakarta

Oh yes, our beloved Batavia ... The land of MANY things ...

Like almost all other urban centres, there is almost a sense of duality in Jakarta. Many of its inhabitants preach cleanliness and "decency" in everyday lifestyle, yet not little also engage in the otherwise - dirty and "indecent" lifestyle.

Its recent suffering due to many supposedly-natural-induced-disaster does not help its already "screwed-up" condition.

Like almost any other South-East Asian cities, politically corrupt governmental entities rein the land. In fact, the current corrupted condition has become the status-quo, the rules of the game. And those who approach or engage any legal operation not according to the "rules of the game" will be made unpleasant.

Despite all the negativity the place suffers from, it endures. It survived enormous amount of unpleasant effects for an extended period of time before, and it will probably will too in the future.

Only time will tell.

URL Pendek:

| JAKARTA | BANDUNG | PEKANBARU | SURABAYA | SEMARANG |

Back
Atas.