• Saat ini anda mengakses IndoForum sebagai tamu dimana anda tidak mempunyai akses penuh untuk melihat artikel dan diskusi yang hanya diperuntukkan bagi anggota IndoForum. Dengan bergabung maka anda akan memiliki akses penuh untuk melakukan tanya-jawab, mengirim pesan teks, mengikuti polling dan menggunakan feature-feature lainnya. Proses registrasi sangatlah cepat, mudah dan gratis.
    Silahkan daftar dan validasi email anda untuk dapat mengakses forum ini sepenuhnya sebagai anggota. Harap masukkan alamat email yang benar dan cek email anda setelah daftar untuk validasi.

[BA-Article] Facing Fear

r3ck0rd

IndoForum Activist E
No. Urut
Sejak
6 Mar 2008
Pesan
Nilai reaksi
Poin
[BA-Article] Facing Fear

by Calvin Limuel

These summary were taken from Pastor Mark Driscoll of Mars Hill Church's sermon titled "Jesus and Anxiety (Luke 12:23-34)", as part of the ongoing series of sermon "Luke: Investigating The Man Who Is God". I (Calvin) added some things that I think necessary.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DohgB_FJ71Y

Luke 12:23-34
23The life is more than meat, and the body is more than raiment.
24Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls?
25And which of you with taking thought can add to his stature one cubit?
26If ye then be not able to do that thing which is least, why take ye thought for the rest?
27Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
28If then God so clothe the grass, which is to day in the field, and to morrow is cast into the oven; how much more will he clothe you, O ye of little faith?
29And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind.
30For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things.
31But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you.
32Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.
33Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth.
34For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
We often fear of something. We often fear of something bad is coming. We often fear that we'll lose something. We often fear of the unknown future. Here's a topic about fear, and where fear may be taking you.

1. Fear is vision without optimism
Some of you may know what's next in your life, you have plans for your future, and confident of it. But some of you may think those plans pessimistically. OMG that could be wrong, that may fail, that may fallOMG that may blow up.

2. Fear seems reasonable to us, even when irrational
You're being crazy or fearful about something, when others may think that is lame or freak. They are called phobias, and I have a list of it. Some of the irrationals for us are maybe: coultrophobia (fear of clowns), arachibutyrophobia (fear of peanut butter sticking on your palate, roof of mouth), germanophobia (fear of German people), homilophobia (fear of sermons),

3. Fear is about something that we want
We fear not getting what we want. Can I find the right woman? Can I have kids?
We fear getting what we want and losing it. The economy's rough, how if I'm fired? We have kids, how if the don't love God?
We fear getting what we don't want. This is not I want. Ugh, I hate peanut butter.

4. Fear reveals of values, loves, priorities, and longings
You only fear losing what you love and getting what you have. It reveals what's essential to us.

5. Fear increases with more freedom
The more choices, the more potential scenarios, there is more fear in choosing, you may choose the wrong choice. This will be experience as we're growing up.

6. Fear turns into false prophets
False prophets are people who predict the future wrongly. Oh no it's gonna turn bad, the world's gonna end 2 more years, omg omg omg OMG! While that won't happen. Your future is big and you'll freak out until it won't happen.

7. Fear is not always sinful, but is always an opportunity
Fear is not a sin. Fear is a natural psychological issue within a social human; we're not robots. But fear, is always an opportunity for us and our Lord, Jesus, to be closer, as He is our comforter.

How to overcome your fear? You can combat fear by knowing your Father because:
1. Your Father is a rich and generous King.
2. Your Father's Kingdom has nothing to fear (lack, thieves, nor decay)
3. Your Father has proven faithful (even to ravens and lilies)
4. Your Father asks you to be generous as an act of faith

There is something special about Jesus that other gods don't have. Jesus is always near us. He is not watching us from afar, but He stays beside us. Other gods may say, "Fear not!". That's easy for you to say, being in heaven, being worshiped by the angels, watching from afar. But Jesus is different. He took off all His glory, all His power, everything, humbled Himself, came down to earth as a human, lived with sining humans.

So He's not just watching us from afar, but He also identify Himself with humans. He live with every human difficulties, being hungry, being tired, being poor, being under a selfish authority, maybe dealing with sickness or fighting sexual ures. He understands every Human difficulties. His poured blood on the cross is for your sins, a beautiful exchange. Stripes on His body, those are for illnesses and your healthiness. Bleeding head because of the crown of thorns, that's for all that you fear of, all of your thoughts, all your difficulties, all your mind sufferings, all your blown up mind. Bleeding hands, that's for your works, everything that you do will be blessed. Bleeding feet, that's for every path that you'll walk, Jesus is beside you, guiding you. Also, he sweat blood, all ye that labor and heavy burden, Jesus is your comforter.

I know an Indian tradition, about rite of passage for teens, that they ought to wander in the wilderness alone. They shouldn't cry, or else they will be denigrated. A young Indian teen was set to wilderness alone. He was very afraid. When the sun goes down, he almost cried. He fear a wild animal would attack him. And he hears clunking voice following his back. Then he chose to go to sleep, with his fear troubling him. When he woke up, he saw his father not far away from him. Turns out that the clunking voice came from His father's war equipment, all the weapons needed to protect his boy from the wild animals.

He maybe isn't beside you all the time. He may raise you up to His shoulder, and then, He'll just walk beside you side-by-side, hand-in-hand. Over time He wants to see you survive without Him always seen by you. But don't worry, He'll be always close behind you, watching you, and encouraging you. Do not fear, I'll protect you, He says.

This is what Jesus often says to us:

Luke 12:32a
Fear not, little flock.

URL Pendek:

| JAKARTA | BANDUNG | PEKANBARU | SURABAYA | SEMARANG |

Back
Atas.