• Saat ini anda mengakses IndoForum sebagai tamu dimana anda tidak mempunyai akses penuh untuk melihat artikel dan diskusi yang hanya diperuntukkan bagi anggota IndoForum. Dengan bergabung maka anda akan memiliki akses penuh untuk melakukan tanya-jawab, mengirim pesan teks, mengikuti polling dan menggunakan feature-feature lainnya. Proses registrasi sangatlah cepat, mudah dan gratis.
    Silahkan daftar dan validasi email anda untuk dapat mengakses forum ini sepenuhnya sebagai anggota. Harap masukkan alamat email yang benar dan cek email anda setelah daftar untuk validasi.

Leukemia Sufferer Roasts Himself on Barbecue

facebookeb

IndoForum Senior A
No. Urut
Sejak
9 Jan 2013
Pesan
Nilai reaksi
Poin
IAdJx.jpg
25-year-old Jia Binhui, from Yunlong County, southwest China’s Yunnan Province, was diagnosed with blood cancer two years ago. Sadly, he is unable to afford medical treatment, but that hasn’t stopped the resilient young man from trying to get better. In a desperate attempt to rid himself of the cancerous cells plaguing his body, he’s devised an alternate treatment that involves roasting himself in his backyard!

Binhui went through an unsuccessful bone-marrow transplant procedure that cost over $80,000 and was paid for by well-wishers. But, coming from a family of poor farmers, he was unable to afford further hospital treatments.That’s when he heard about the concept of using heat to fight cancer.

“They say experts believe a temperature higher than 42 degrees Celsius can kill cancer cells, so I set up a contraption in my backyard to try,” he wrote on his Weibo page. The human barbecue he built consists of a couple of logs propped up by bricks over a fire made from sawdust, twigs and branches.

He burns the wood for several minutes until only hot coals remain, and then roasts himself for as long as he can tolerate the heat. “I’ve been told that it also works with water,” he added. “But it’s nearly impossible to keep water constantly at 42 degrees, so I’m using this method instead.

Binhui, who married his long-term girlfriend Liu Yuan last month, refuses to let the disease defeat him. He said that he intends to continue the unorthodox treatment for a while, before testing to see if his condition has improved.

URL Pendek:

| JAKARTA | BANDUNG | PEKANBARU | SURABAYA | SEMARANG |

Back
Atas.